The Academic Yogi meets you at the intersection of yoga+life. It is a merger of how yoga is intertwined with our everyday lives and the lessons we can learn from having and sustaining a mindful practice.
An About page is the place where I tell you a bit about who I am or want to be. It’s a place where I have the chance to craft how I wish to present my identity as a human being to you. Identities, however, are complex things. And since I believe all our identities are constantly evolving, and I think labels are limiting, it’s an impossible task. But for now, in this space, I offer you this partial look at my identity and what I believe:
- I am an educator, a practitioner of yoga, and a (mostly) vegan.
- I believe that the work we do is central to who we are, but I believe our lives should not be entirely about our work.
- I believe we should be mindful in all of life’s events (big and small), and that learning how to be and stay in the moment will make our lives more joyful and meaningful.
I use this site as a way to share the above with you and to (hopefully) expand who we are and what we do.
More Formal Information
Sometimes, you just want more formal information, and I get that. Here you go:
- Yoga: I maintained a Bikram Yoga practice for roughly four years before my studio shut down. I then switched to a hot vinyasa practice. I have participated in two regional yoga asana competitions.
- Vegan: I am constantly looking for ways to improve and maintain good health. I follow a (mostly) vegan diet.